NOTHING SUCCEEDS LIKE SUCCESS
One success leads to another success. If you get one success, it is usual that you get an encouragement to try to get another success. Success boosts confidence of a person. Success imbibes self respect; success motivates and fills one with glory. This change in emotional state has something to do with a truism we’ve all heard: “Nothing succeeds like success.” When you feel successful, you’re willing to tackle uncertain jobs in the belief that you’re going to succeed again. Success is the aim of success. That for we aspire for, reflects our ability and capability to do a thing.
Dedication, devotion to the task and positive thinking with determination has been the important factors of success of every successful man. Nothing that comes too easily is worth having? When you want to succeed, be ready to pay the price for it, which include braving failures and setbacks and keep persistent with your efforts till the goal is achieved. Mere talking idle, day dreaming or aimless drifting, will not take you to goal, but only divert your attention and dissipate your energy and strength. Hardships, obstacles, failures are the various points in the path of success. They are not to be evaded, but to face them bravely, courageously and with double vigour.
But mind it; achieving success is not an easy task. Success needs a lot of hard work, devotion and dedication to the task. Sometimes one has to face failures while trying to achieve something, but for getting success, such in between failures must be dealt with without any depression or frustration on the part of the person.
Once you succeed, keep the momentum. Keeping oneself at the top is a task more difficult than to achieve success. You are to put more hard work, more energies to get success further and maintain your hitherto achieved success. I believe in the saying that nothing succeeds like success.
Tags: Best quotes, Best Quotes and wise sayings, English proverbs, English proverbs with explanation, English proverbs with meaning English quotes, Essay writing Topics, expansion of proverbs, Famous english proverbs, Famous quotes, Inspirational quotes, Life quotes, List of english proverbs, Motivational quotes, Paragraph writing, proverb expansion, Proverbs, Proverbs in english, Proverbs in english with explanation, Quote of the day, Quotes and sayings, Quotes on life, Speech Short stories, speech topics, Storytelling Proverbs in English, Wise sayings
Introduction: Do you want to know the secret of success? Perhaps it is all contained in one little phrase: ‘nothing succeeds like success’.
Origin of the phrase: This phrase is proverbial in both English and French. It may have been part of oral culture for a very long time before it was first written down in 1868 by Sir Arthur Helps.
Meaning: ‘Nothing succeeds like success’ means that if you are successful in one thing, you are more likely to be successful in the future as well. Another way of putting this phrase would be to say, ‘success breeds further success’.
‘Nothing succeeds like success’ thus refers to the fact that:
- Being successful opens up new opportunities for us.
- Success gets us known, and this can encourage others to help us to succeed even further.
- Success gives us confidence and shows us the way to future success.
Explanation: The phrase ‘nothing succeeds like success’ teaches us the importance of giving others that all important first opportunity to succeed. It also reminds us that we need to keep on taking opportunities: once we have succeeded at first, we will find that more and more success comes our way. It is important to appreciate our successes, and also to celebrate the successes of others. And, if at first we do not find success, we should keep on trying! Stay positive and confident and you will find that, sooner or later, we will begin to succeed time and time again.
Examples of the principle of ‘nothing succeeds like success’.
1. We are offered a promotion at work, and after excelling in this new role, we are offered a further promotion.
2. We win a heat for an athletics event and this puts us through to the final, where we have the opportunity to win there too.
3. We do well on an essay for school and as a result have the confidence to do well in future schoolwork.
4. We pass an exam and feel like we have cracked the secret to exam success!
5. By coincidence, we seem to have several successes in a wide variety of different things – and, we start to feel that they must be connected.
Importance: The importance of the idea ‘nothing succeeds like success’ is highlighted below:
1. Encouragement. When we know that success can lead to even more success, we feel encouraged to try our hardest at everything we do.
2. Confidence. Succeeding once endows us with confidence: we feel that we now know the secret to success and we know that we have the ability to succeed again and again.
3. Positivity. Knowing that success breeds success helps us to have a positive outlook on life: things will keep on getting better!
4. A recipe for success. This phrase teaches us that once we have worked out how to succeed once, we can succeed again – success need not be something mysterious.
5. Helping others. If we want other people to succeed in life, we know that all that we need to do is to give them some initial help and then that first success will create more and more opportunities for them.
Category: Proverbs, Sayings, Idioms and Phrases