Tourism Management Dissertation Topics
Tourism management is the discipline that deals with the generalised management along with entrepreneurial, specialised and practical skills and competencies required for effective and efficient outcomes for recreation and leisure travel. Tourism is the fastest growing industry globally that has direct and indirect implications on economic, social and political indicators. In order to maximise the advantages and minimise the disadvantages from tourism development, the discipline has also included the perspectives of social sustainability and policy makers. Traditionally, the countries that have natural comparative advantage were seen as the focal point of the tourism industry, however the economic relationship of the industry has led the countries lacking such comparative advantage to use their history, heritage, culture, festivals and mega-events to promote and develop tourism. Topic suggestions below could help you narrow your research for your tourism dissertation.
• What are the key antecedents shaping domestic and overseas tourism preferences of British tourists?
• Development of decision making framework of British tourists in selecting tourist destinations during the summer holidays.
• Perception and attitude of millennials toward cruise holidays.
• Explicit or implicit factors affecting European city break package tours among British customers.
• Critical analysis of “I Amsterdam” city branding campaign to improve the negative image of Amsterdam.
• Perception and attitude towards Bangkok as a winter holiday destination among British tourists.
• Role of global terrorism in shaping the image of tourism destinations – Case study of Egypt and Tunisia.
• The implications of the Tsunami on the tourism industry in Phuket, Thailand.
• Role of strategic human resource management in developing sustainable competitive advantage in contemporary budget hotel chains.
• What makes South East Asia an attractive tourist destination during winter for British customers?
• The Role of London Olympics in enhancing the scope of tourism to the city.
• Perception and attitude toward Beijing’s world heritage tour among British tourists.
• Use of sporting events to develop tourism branding – Analysis of Qatar with regards to the FIFA World Cup.
• What are the disadvantages of tourism development and how can policy makers minimise them?
Critical evaluation of summer festivals in the UK as a source of domestic tourism development.
The 25 Best Thesis Topics For Hotel And Restaurant Management Students
The job market for hotel and restaurant positions is booming. You could work on a cruise ship, at a resort, or for a travel agency. Getting your thesis will help you to move into a top-notch position with ease. But first you have to pick a good topic. As you think about your subject, use our list of 25 best thesis topics for hotel and restaurant management students.
25 Best Topics
- Destination weddings-the positives and the negatives
- Travel into hostile countries-define a hostile country
- The threat of terrorism at popular resorts-name some recent incidents
- Is time share recovering form its recent slump-the market is growing yet again
- The benefits of buying time share-the concept is yet on the rise again
- Making our world smaller through travel-how travel has changed the world
- The best travel entrepreneurs and why-who has the pulse on the market and who is considered a legend in the field
- The American dollar and what it gets you around the world-comparative studies
- Adult resorts and their recent market decline-why are the resorts declining?
- The lure of Las Vegas-how it is changed, the amount of people who travel there, and how it maintains relevancy
- France and its unfriendly nature-fact or fiction
- Theme packs-the newest as well as the oldest
- Hidden gems in travel industry-this topic can be quite fun for hotel and management students
- The growth in River Cruises-this idea is one of the newest of the 25 thesis choices, as the market has simply exploded
- Travel to space-will it ever happen for vacation purposes
- The airlines-the decline in services
- Affordable travel-does it exist
- Inclusive hotels-why and the benefits
- The wonders of the world-put them on your bucket list
- The future for hotels and motels-what is on the horizon
- Positions in hotels-the various roles in the industry
- The world of party planners-this is also a new one on the list
- The end-what travel and hotel traditions are on the way out and why
- Travel and sports packages-this trending development
- The rain and how the dinner and mystery murder train is making a comeback
When searching for your hotel and restaurant management thesis topic, use our list of 25 best topics for help.