Custodian cover letter
View this sample cover letter for a custodian, or download the custodian cover letter template in Word.
Add a little polish to your job search. To be considered for top custodian jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a custodian, or download the custodian cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about maintenance careers and look for custodian jobs on Monster.
Custodian cover letter template
Sometown, NC 55555 | Phone: 555-555-5555 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
December 8, 2017
Ms. Linda Masey
55 Hogan Ave.
Sometown, NC 55555
Re: Custodian, advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Masey:
As a hardworking custodian with two years of experience working for a commercial janitorial services company, I am an excellent fit to the custodian job opening posted on Monster.
I started working for XYZ Janitorial Services as a part-time custodian while in high school, and after graduating last year I accepted an offer to join the company full-time. Presently responsible for the general maintenance and upkeep of facilities that include office buildings, shopping centers, churches, schools, movie theaters and financial institutions, I have proven the ability to adapt to diverse work settings and handle a variety of custodial tasks. Examples include:
- Floor Care: Waxing, buffing, tile/grout cleaning, steam cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping and mopping floors
- Kitchens and Restrooms: Cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces
- Windows: Washing windows, screens, sills, drapes and blinds
- Driveways and Walkways: Washing and clearing debris from concrete paths, driveways, cement surfaces and decks
- Trash Removal: Collecting and disposing of trash can waste and managing recyclables
Efficient, dependable and detail-oriented, I have earned “Employee of the Month” honors at XYZ, as well as recognition for customer satisfaction scores that average 97%.
Although successful in my present position, my work schedule has changed and now conflicts with my class schedule at DEF College. I want to continue working full-time while pursuing an associate’s degree in business at night, and the daytime shift you are seeking to fill would allow me to achieve both of these goals.
Thank you for your time. I can be reached at 555-555-5555 or via email at email@example.com.
Custodian responsible for keeping the building/office premises clean, safe, and well maintained. They use various substance such as soaps and chemicals for the cleaning works.
Here is a sample resume template for the following titles: School Custodian, Custodian Supervisor, Custodian – Interim, Janitor / Custodian and Custodian Substitute.
Custodian Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Hard working and dedicated custodian, peak-performer, maintaining/cleaning properties of the firm. Known for being highly responsible and energetic with good time management. Skilled in performing the following services,
- Interior/exterior cleaning.
- Bathroom sanitization.
- Operating wet/dry vacuum cleaners, carpet extractors, polishing machines, and waxing machines.
- Floor washing.
- Removal and collection of garbage.
- Minor electrical repairs.
- General maintenance assignments.
■ Employment History
ABC Cleaning & Maintenance Services Group Santa Ana, CA 2007 – Present
- Followed company standards and procedures to maintain the cleanliness of the office areas.
- Maintained office furniture in proper condition and saw to timely repair.
- Carried out electrical repair work when required in the office rooms and was responsible for maintenance and refilling of coffee dispensers.
- Assisted in organizing annual meetings and conferences by cleaning and tidying rooms and carrying out repair work.
- Used electrical equipment and chemical cleaners to maintain cleanliness in office environment.
- Ensured office premises were safe and secure by performing routine check-ups after staff had logged out.
- Performed routine maintenance activities such as changing curtains and electrical appliances.
Want more samples? Click here▼
Resumes for Cleaning Jobs
Ads By Google